Open Government Partnership
Public Contact: @fredmichna
The open government partnership attempts to get the commonwealth of Australia to commit to actions that civil society groups would consider more open.
We have witnessed a shaky start. We showed that first efforts have not reflect civil society input very well.
One of our founding partners Fred Michna, as a voluntary commitment, has been working with the open government partnership in a spirit of intellectual honesty and independence.
- Submitted a commitment proposal for the Australian Bureau of Statistics to improve public consultation in statistical classifications.
- Travelled to the public workshop in Canberra in March 2016 to unsuccessfully advocate for this commitment.
- Reported on how well public engagement turned into commitments during the early public consultations.
- Helped encourage others to get involved through Open Knowledge Melbourne events.
We plan to continue this work by:
- Interviewing and profiling incoming multi-stakeholder forum participants. We hope to make this process seem real.
- Searching out, talking to, and helping those who are impacted by the open government commitments.
- Continuing to submit our independent public comment
We need your support to continue doing this.